"With DBXTriever, I can handle my old emails in dbx formats. I really recommend this tool for anyone who have their old emails in Outlook Express formats but will not use Outlook Express any more..."
DBXTriever on Windows 7 - How to Transfer Your Emails from DBX Format Files to Windows 7
DBXTriever Is 100% Compatible with Windows 7.
You can install DBXTriever on Windows 7 without any problem.
No "Windows Mail" or "Outlook Express" Preinstalled on Windows 7.
Microsoft does not include either Outlook Express or Windows Mail on Windows 7. However, Microsoft does provide another free email client software called "Windows Live Mail" to replace the Windows Mail used on Vista. So, if you want to migrate your emails from dbx files on Windows 7, you will need to first install Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail on Windows 7.
To install "Windows Live Mail", please click here to download Windows Live Mail
To install "Windows Mail" on Windows 7, please refer to the following steps:
1. For user who has a running copy of Windows Vista system, manually copy recursively the %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\ folder from Windows Vista system, including the MUI language pack folder.
2. Grant full control permissions and ownership to administrators for %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\ folder in Windows 7 system.
3. Backup the %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\ folder in Windows 7.
4. Extract and copy the Windows Mail files from Windows Vista to %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\ folder of Windows 7, overwrite if duplicates are found.
5. Create a shortcut on desktop or Start Menu that points to %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\winmail.exe executable.
Extract Emails from DBX Files and Copy Them Back to Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.
1. Download DBXTriever.
2. Install it by double clicking on the zip file downloaded in step 1, then double click the exe file which is contained in the zip file. Follow the wizard to finish the installation process.
3. Launch DBXTriever (you can launch it from Start -> Programs -> DBXTriever -> DBXTriever). Go to File -> Open, and select the dbx file where your emails are stored.
4. Go to Edit -> Select All to select all emails.
5. Go to File -> Save Selected Messages to save all selected messages as eml files. You will need to specify a location for the eml files.
Launch "Windows Mail" or "Windows Live Mail", drag/drop eml files to any Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail's folder.
refer to this video to drag/drop the eml files generated in step 5 to your Windows Mail.
refer to this video to drag/drop the eml files generated in step 5 to your Windows Live Mail.